Monday, January 10, 2011

Lamb Chops


Lamb chops did seem intimidating to me because I had never cooked lamb before. So this time I took it on myself to get it over with. The time was right. New years’ eve. Friend’s house. Grill griddle and barbeque sauce. I didn’t want to use store bought bbq sauce anyways, so I made it myself. Turned out well actually. But the chops were a little tough. I must’ve cooked them for longer than required. Maybe just 3-4 minutes would have been perfect as opposed to 6-7 minutes that I took.
Ingredients:
8 lamb chops
BBQ sauce:
½ cup tomato ketchup
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup Worchester sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup honey
1 tbsp mustard sauce
1 finely chopped onion
1 tbsp chilli powder/paprika
1 pod garlic
Method:
Sauté finely chopped onion with garlic till it turns brown. Add the brown sugar and honey and the rest of the ingredients and bring it to a boil. After which let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Now for the chops, you could do this in your oven or a barbeque grill. I just chose my griddle which I’d just bought. Well, that’s exactly why I chose it. Ok getting back to the chops. Dip each lamb chop into the bbq sauce and place it on the very hot griddle. Let it cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes. Take it off and drizzle with more bbq sauce. Another alternative, place chops on your oven tray, lined with aluminum foil. Pour sauce all over it. Cover with more foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 190C. Remove foil cover and bake further for another 10 minutes. OK this sounds better than the griddle grilling L
So there, some really good lamb chops with an equally good bbq sauce, sticky, tangy, sweet and spicy! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment