Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chocolate chunk blueberry cookies



I love chocolate chip cookies. But the chocolate chips are so tiny, my brain doesn’t comprehend that it is in fact chocolate. So I decided whenever I get down to baking these I’d add chunks of chocolate and not itsy bitsy chocolate chips. And well, the blueberries you ask? I just have to use them somewhere!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar (you can use either completely brown or white sugar)
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 ¼ cup chocolate chunks
1 cup dried blueberries (optional)
Method:
Mix the flour, salt and baking soda together. In another bowl whisk the butter/margarine with the sugars together till light and fluffy. Add the egg and the egg yolk and mix well. Add vanilla and mix. Slowly add the flour mix to it and fold gently. Don’t over mix. Stir in the chocolate and blueberries. Make balls from the dough as the size of golf balls maybe (I can’t measure these things) and place them on the baking tray lined with butter paper (to make things easier of course). Bake in your pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes in 180 C. Serve with a warm glass of milk or coffee. I usually don’t bother with either ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi. congrats on the article in Deccan Herald :-). i love your photos!! these cookies sound delicious and i want to try them soon. i wanted to know where you got the dried blueberries from. are they available in india?

    ReplyDelete