Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sinful Chocolate cookies




I was going through a rough day and I needed something to take my mind off something else.What better than having your entire house smelling chocolate. To achieve this, I attempted baking some chocolate cookies.
This was my first time baking cookies, so I used a recipe I tumbled upon a few days ago. Try it.
Without any warning you will be sucked into the sinful chocolaty aroma that will fill your home.

1 1/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
Dash salt
1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)

Cream butter and sugar add eggs and vanilla.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Add nuts. Use your hands to make small patties of the dough.
Remember they widen while baking, so don't make big patties.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes. Do not overbake. It Will turn soft.
Let set for a minute. Makes about 4 1/2 dozen.
I halved all the ingredients just to be safer since I was testing this recipe.

It's great with some chilled milk or even coffee. I personally would love a few of these
cookies and a tub of vanilla ice cream ;)

2 comments:

  1. its looks yummmmmmmmm .. i m sure it will taste yum aswell:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Aiyappa it did taste "yum"
    Follow us and watch this space for more yummies!

    ReplyDelete