Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Brownies




These are your basic cakey-brownies. I wont claim them to be the best, I know I can do better. But I will still go ahead and share this recipe I came up with myself. Pretty good eh.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup of flour (maida)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup cocoa, separate half
1 tspn vanilla
2 eggs
1 tspn salt
5-6 cashew nuts or walnuts roughly chopped
Method:
In a non stick saucepan, combine sugar, milk, vanilla, butter and half of the cocoa. Whisk together as they blend beautifully and come to a boil. Please do remember to keep your gas flame low. Once you see tiny bubbles, take it off the stove and let it cool, whisking it once in a while. In a separate bowl combine flour, rest of the coco and salt. Add the eggs to the cooled chocolate mixture. Whisk quickly. Now fold in the flour, salt and coco into the chocolate and egg mix along with the chopped nuts. Keep a few nuts aside to sprinkle them on top of the batter after being poured into a greased tin. Bake it for 20 minutes. When you stick a fork/toothpick into the brownie, it should come out with little moist crumbs on it or thick batter stuck to it, unlike baking a cake. If it does come out clean it only means that it has been over-baked. Brownie done!
When I do come up with a better recipe I will post it again. There are always many variations to cakes an brownies. We just need to find the one that we like best. I am not completely satisfied with this one, but it hasn't disappointed me completely as well.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream when warm.Or the way I like it, straight up!

No comments:

Post a Comment