Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pan Roasted Chicken

The story behind this dish: I was locked out of my own home and my flatmate was going to take over 2 hours to get home. I had all the ingredients for a chicken curry. OK, not all but I had the chicken and random vegetables. Like a true damsel in distress I sat on the stairs waiting for someone to rescue me. Just then I see my friend and thankfully, neighbour walking her dog. I popped over to her place (yes, I turn British every now and then) and we decided to have an impromptu get together of friends over some food and beer. I worked with whatever I could find in her pantry.

Ingredients:
Chicken breast - 1
Mixed seasoning (paprika, dried herbs, salt) - 2 tsp
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Vegetables like beans and carrots - 1 cup cut up

Method:
1. Rub the seasoning, garlic paste, lemon juice and salt to taste thoroughly on the chicken breast and leave it to marinate for an hour.
2. Get some beer or juice for yourself and have a good time with your friends.
3. Heat a pan with olive oil.
4. Place the chicken breast and let it roast for 5 mins.
5. Turn it around and let it cook for another 3-4 mins.
6. Take it off the pan and keep aside.
7. In the same pan tip the cut vegetables in and saute for 5 mins and take it off.

Serve the chicken with the vegetables. If you have garlic bread, then nothing like it.

1 comment:

  1. "Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "Pan Roasted Chicken"
    "Where's your flash button?"

    ReplyDelete