Saturday, October 31, 2015

Roast chicken with Rocket and Apples and a Spicy Orange Vinaigrette




I've been looking for rocket leaves for a while now. They are my favourite in salads. And quite honestly, I didn't want lettuce. There's too much lettuce everywhere, in every salad. I finally found a bag of rocket leaves in my local grocery store. These fancy supermarkets are of no use sometimes, I tell you. Also, colleagues from Chile sent across all sorts of condiments and spices to a few colleagues here. I did what I could and managed to get some for myself. I'm using this particular kind where I could taste chilli and coriander distinctively. I used it in the vinaigrette with extra virgin olive oil and orange juice. Makes for a good Saturday meal. Not too heavy, and not too light. Just the right kind for a post lunch nap.

Recipe for one.

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, sliced horizontally
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp chilli powder or any other spicy condiment you can find (there are tons in the market)
1/4 orange juice
Salt to taste

Marinate chicken in mentioned ingredients for an hour or two.

Method:
1. In a large pan, heat some olive oil and place chicken breast pieces.
2. Let it cook for 3 - 4 mins on each side and take it off the heat.

Marinade:
Mix together
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp spicy condiment powder/paste
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp orange juice



You can serve this with rocket leaves, sliced green apples, pomegranate leaves and sauted mushrooms like I did, or with mash potatoes or rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment