Sunday, August 2, 2015

Grilled Fish on Lemon and Coriander Couscous

I'd never eaten couscous before this. When I saw that bigbasket.com had it, and didn't cost my stomach, I thought I'd give it a go. I've been eating healthier of late anyway, and this would be a good addition in my pantry. I made a simple marinade for the fish and used the same for sauce. Turns out this is a really quick dinner - to prepare and to consume!

Ingredients:
Couscous - 1 packet (serves 3-4 people)
Coriander - handful, chopped
Lemon - juice from 2
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Fish - I used basa fillets
Mustard sauce - 2 tbsp
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Paprika/chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Marinate fish with vinegar, mustard sauce, paprika/chilli powder, garlic paste and salt.
2. Boil 400 ml water and pour it over the couscous in a bowl, and let it sit for 5 mins (follow instructions on the packet).
3. Head oil in a nonstick pan and place fish - cook for 3 - 4 mins on each side.
4. In the same pan, add the remaining marinade with a splash of water and mix well to make a sauce.
5. With a fork, fluff the couscous.
6. Add the coriander and lemon juice and mix well.
7. Serve fish with couscous.

1 comment:

  1. "Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "Grilled fish on lemon and Coriander.."
    "Go back"

    ReplyDelete