Thursday, July 2, 2015

Caramelized Banana Frozen Yoghurt

I have made the choice of changing a few things in my life. The most important and prominent one is, my diet. I'm avoiding sugar, processed foods, packaged foods, and the likes. I read somewhere that the more you give up on sugar, the lesser you crave it. I'm still at the place like where the comma is in my last sentence. Since I don't want to go back to heavily and/or artificially sweet desserts, I thought I'd use sweetness from fruits to keep it slightly guilt free. This is something I tried and you can alter it accordingly.



Ingredients:
Hung curd - From 2 200 ml set curd packs (just put the curd in muslin cloth and let it drain over a pot for a few hours or overnight)
Banana - 2
Brown sugar - 1 tsp
Olive oil - 1/2 tsp
Chocolate chips - 1 tbsp (optional)

Method:
1. Grease a nonstick pan with olive oil.
2. Crush the bananas on to the pan and stir.
3. Add the brown sugar and mix well.
4. Once the bananas cook down, take it off the heat.
5. Whip the hung curd with a fork or whisk till light and fluffy.
6. Fold the banana mixture into the curd and put it in the freezer to let it set overnight.

Serve with chocolate chips, banana slices, or both.

What I also did with the leftovers was, blend it along with a little coffee powder, one banana and some milk to make a healthy smoothie post workout.




1 comment:

  1. "Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "Caramelized Banana Frozen Yoghurt"
    "Are you French?"
    "No"
    "Kiss me anyway"

    ReplyDelete